Tips for Organizing Your Pantry
The beauty of a custom pantry design is that it creates optimal storage in an attractive and easy-to-use style. Even better, you don't have to be a professional pantry organizer to understand that order and design can make a kitchen more fun. In fact, here are a few tips that can help you stay on top of your pantry system, no matter its size and scope:
- Go shallow, if possible. Shallow shelves tend to work well in pantries in part because there's less space for items to get lost. Think about canned goods, boxed foods, etc. and how you want to be able to scan and see what you have each day. If you do have deeper shelves, try adding pull-out drawers so you can quickly and easily view the contents.
- Leave the bottom space empty. The floor of your pantry is the perfect place for stashing heavy boxes or containers of water, soda, etc. without too much hassle.
- Consider hooks. Hooks are a great way to use excess vertical space. Hang grocery bags, aprons, cleaning tools and more in a way that's orderly and easy to reach.
- Don't cut corners. If you're tempted to overlook the corners of a pantry, think again. There are custom organizers made specifically for corner spaces, such as our corner pantry closet or simple pantry for the corner closet.
Benefits of Upgrading to a Built-in Pantry
One of the best ways to upgrade a kitchen today is by adding a custom pantry. Here are a few reasons this is a smart choice for modern renovations:
- More functional storage space. Wouldn't it be nice to know where the cans of tomatoes are when you're making dinner? Cooking could be much more fun if you didn't have to hunt for the items you needed. This is the appeal of a well-arranged pantry.
- Add home value in a cost-effective way. A pantry can make a big impact for a relatively low investment. They make daily life more enjoyable and keep you organized. That's probably why kitchen renovations tend to recoup more than half of their costs in resale.
- Boost the luxury of your kitchen. Last but not least, pantries can add style and luxury to any kitchen. In many homes, they become displays to showcase appliances, not to mention cookbooks or attractive knick-knacks. A pantry is a great way to enhance the feel of your space.
Why Choose Closet Works for Your Custom Pantry Design
As a local, family-owned business with 30-plus years of experience, Closet Works is your resource for the best in custom-designed, fully functional kitchen pantries. Our catalog of quality products ensures you get only the finest components in your pantry. Likewise, we have a showroom where you can explore these products in person.
Unlike other closet and organization companies, Closet Works offers financing options as well as the complete management of your project. Rest easy knowing that you'll get a beautiful, usable pantry when you work with us.